The Satanic Temple (TST) facilitates the communication and mobilization of politically aware Satanists, secularists, and advocates for individual liberty. The mission of The Satanic Temple is to encourage benevolence and empathy among all people. In addition, we embrace practical common sense and justice.
As an organized religion, we feel it is our function to actively provide outreach, to lead by example, and to participate in public affairs wheresoever the issues might benefit from rational, Satanic insights. As Satanists, we all should be guided by our consciences to undertake noble pursuits guided by our individual wills. We believe that this is the hope of all mankind and the highest aspiration of humanity.
The Austin Chapter is officially affiliated with the national TST organization. We are a self-organized, self-funded, volunteer-led group. We are an unincorporated nonprofit association in the context of Texas Business Organizations Code.
Our chapter has the following goals:
- To support the mission and national activisim campaigns of the national TST organization where they apply to the public affairs of the greater Austin area.
- To also support the national mission and campaigns where they apply to the public affairs of the state of Texas (because Austin is the state capitol).
- To promote awareness of the Satanic cause within the community through education and outreach.
- To organize and empower like-minded individuals who are passionate about supporting The Satanic Temple’s mission.
- To provide community and social acceptance for Satanic peers and non-Satanic allies within the greater Austin area who are supportive of the mission and tenets of The Satanic Temple.